“ Beauty is the illumination of your soul. "
- Hair loss can affect just your scalp or your entire body. It can be temporary or permanent.
- In today’s developing world there is lots changes in eating habits and lifestyle. Due to which it’s ill effects are seen on our body and out of which hair is affected the most and hair loss has erupted as major problem.
- The most who are affected with this problem is the young population not only men but also women.
- It can be result of heredity, hormonal changes, medical conditions, sleep disturbances, stressful life or a normal part of Aging. Anyone can loose hair on their head.
- It can be sudden loosening of hair, patchy or circular bald spots and gradual thinning on top of head.
- Taking Hot(Usna),Pungent (Katu), Rough (Ruksha) properties food in more quantity.
- Heredity and Ageing
- Hormonal changes due to pregnancy, child birth, menopause and thyroid problems.
- Vitamin deficiency
- Living in polluted environment
- Non Application of oil on the scalp
- Excessive hairstyling that pull your hair tight, permanents, and hot oil hair treatment.
- Due to any disease like Anemia, Hypothyroidism, Ulcerative colitis, Fungal Infection and others.
- Side effects of certain drugs used for Cancer, Arthritis, Depression, Heart problems, Gout and contraceptive pills.
- Due to stress; but this type of hair loss is temporary.
👱 Required Vitamins for hair growth
- A good hair care regimen and diet can prevent hair loss and promote longer hair in combination with vitamins.
1. Vitamin A – Sweet potatoes, Carrots, Pumpkins, Spinach, Milk, Eggs, Yogurt, Cod liver oil
2. Vitamin B7 (Biotin) – Egg yolks, Meat, Whole grains, Almonds, sea food and leafy greens
3. Vitamin C – Strawberries, Pepper (Capsicum),Guavas, Citrus Fruits and leafy greens
4. Vitamin D – Sunlight ,Fish, Cod liver oil, some Mushrooms and fortified foods
5. Vitamin E – Sunflower seeds, Almonds, Spinach and Avocados
6. Iron -Oysters, Eggs, spinach, Red meat, Lentils, leafy greens
7. Zinc- Oysters, Spinach, Beans, Shellfish, Meat, Nuts and Pumpkin seeds, lentils
8. Protein – Eggs, Almonds, Oats, Milk, Broccoli, Lean beef, lentils, Fish, Pumpkin Seeds, Peanuts
👱 Preventive measures
- Be gentle with your Hair.
- Protect your hair from polluted environment or wash properly and regularly with clean and cold water Avoid using warm water.
- Regular application of oil on the scalp.
- Eat vitamin and protein rich food as said earlier.
- Comb your hair only after hair get dried after bath.
- If hair loss is due to any disease than treat the cause.
- To remove stress Do yogasana on regular basis like Shavasana, Shirsasana, Suryanamskar, Bhramari Pranayam and Anulomvilom pranayam and others.
👱 House Hold Remedies
- Drink milk at least twice a day.
- Massage your scalp properly with coconut oil twice in a week. that helps to reduce protein loss from hair.
- Apply Aloevera gel on your scalp for 1 hour before washing your hair.
- If there is dandruff on scalp than apply lemon juice in night on the scalp then rinse in the morning.
- Indian gooseberry (Amalaki) powder mix with yogurt make it like paste and apply on scalp and keep it like paste and apply on scalp and keep it for 1 hour before washing your hair. Apply this once in a week.
- Reduce the use of hot hair styling treatment.
- do regular Yoga
Ayurvedic Oral medication - Amalaki churna.
- Rasayan churna.
- Shankha bhasma. - Aarogya vardhini vati
- Nilibrungaraj taila
- Karanj Taila
- Gunja Taila
Always use medication after consulting a Physician.